4/8/2014 - Tomorrow finally came
I think I’ve put off my sewing for maybe 2 weeks now. Maybe even longer. That was such a bad idea.
I kept telling myself: “I should be finishing up those things….NAHHHHH! I’ll do them tomorrow.”
Well I been pushing that ‘tomorrow’ and it finally happened today.
Didn’t realize how much actually needed to be done.
What’s unfinished/need to be done:
- Cloth diaper liners for Hailey; exactly how much to make is still unsure
- Wet bags to hold Hailey’s diapers
- Small wet bag for myself
- Shopping cart cover for Hailey
- Window curtains for the apartment
- Repurposing Hailey’s old clothes to bibs, hats, and other possibilities
What I got done:
- Took apart and refinished a cloth liner
- 1 new cloth liner
- 1 mini wet bag for myself that might be too mini
- Diaper holding bag that became uneven for some reason and may need to be fixed….
- Finished cutting out fabric for the shopping cart cover
- Drew what else needs to be cut out from the fabrics (leg holes and belt loop slits)
Actual sew time was maybe 2 hours total. I think the toughest part was just cutting out fabrics and PREPARING to sew.
But thank god I got my rotary cutter. It made the job much easier! Definitely worth buying! I think I might invest on a sewing machine next. Still undecided since mom says those machines only lasts maybe a year and then you need to buy a new one. But I donno how to work HERS (the one she gave me) so ehhh…
I’ll just bring the stuff to her place and do it there!!!
Don’t want her to end up saying I’m wasting time doing this than studying and finishing school.
Sometimes I feel like I should’ve taken fashion instead. Or something to do with this.
Well let’s hope I can finish this tomorrow before I go out. I wanna go to Target and Carter’s with Hailey after taxes and try out the cover :)